Fire Caused By High-Tension Wire Kills Nursing Mother In Port Harcourt

Follow Us On: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Telegram | Google News! and Win Hundred Thousand.
News Tips & Advert: Contact Us

In what will come across as a really shocking development, a nursing mother was on Saturday killed in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, in a fire incident from a high-tension wire.

DAILY POST gathered that the fire started after the high-tension wire fell on the roof of the room where the victim, identified as Latifah Seyi, was occupying at Road 24 Agip Estate.

A spark from the high-tension wire led to the inferno which also affected some other buildings in the area.

Eyewitnesses, however, berated officials of the state fire service and the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company for failing to “respond to calls” on time.

Officials of the fire service arrived at the scene of the fire hours later when it had already been put out by neighbours.

One of the eyewitnesses said the victim was already dead when they “managed to put off the fire”

However the four months old baby was unhurt during the fire.

Another respondent also criticised the practice of “building houses under high-tension wire considering the dangers” while calling on the government to end the practice.

0/Post a Comment/Comments